During the run up to the 2012 General Election the Old Man pointed out how the Grand Old Party seemed to be using the very same strategy to take over the United States that Adolf Hitler used during the 1930’s to become dictator of Germany. It appears now that the GOP has a President who is eager to lead them to that victory – with a hitch.
Everyone knows the Republican Party was certainly not in favor of Trump winning the Primary. However, since he did, they saw in him a pathway to their objective. So they threw their support behind him in the General Election campaign. Their intention is to use him to advance their cause, and then find a way to “make him go away”. But there’s one little problem.
The GOP powers-to-be know they can’t really trust Trump, and for good reason. He has made it clear that he’s after the same throne they seek. And he has no intention of sharing power. But the Party will play along because they still have that illusion that when push comes to shove they will be able to control Trump. Unfortunately for them, that will never happen. Donald Trump has never allowed anyone to influence or control him, and that’s not about to change now.
Trump has advanced the throttle to full-speed ahead for all-out power grab of the three branches of government. In fact, the history of his words and actions during the General Election campaign, and, especially after he won the Presidency, shouts to high heaven what his intentions are, leaving an unmistakably roadmap of where he’s headed: He’s setting up a government that will propel him to an Adolf Hitler status.
Further below you will find events to support what Trump is after. But before you read them, consider some highlights of Hitler’s rise to dictatorship from a biography of about him.
“After World War I, Hitler returned to Munich and continued to work for the military as an intelligence officer. While monitoring the activities of the German Workers’ Party (DAP), Hitler adopted many of the anti-Semitic, nationalist and anti-Marxist ideas of party founder Anton Drexler. Hitler joined the DAP in September 1919.
With millions unemployed, the Great Depression in Germany provided a political opportunity for Hitler. Germans were ambivalent to the parliamentary republic and increasingly open to extremist options.”
In 1932, through some strong arm tactics, Hitler got himself appointed as chancellor in order to promote “political balance”.
“Hitler used his position as chancellor to form a de facto legal dictatorship. … Hitler also engineered the passage of the Enabling Act, which gave his cabinet full legislative powers for a period of four years and allowed for deviations from the constitution.
Having achieved full control over the legislative and executive branches of government, Hitler and his political allies embarked on a systematic suppression of the remaining political opposition. … On July 14, 1933, Hitler’s Nazi Party was declared the only legal political party in Germany. In October of that year, Hitler ordered Germany’s withdrawal from the League of Nations.”
Shortly thereafter, Hitler instituted Anti-Semitism:
“From 1933 until the start of the war in 1939, Hitler and his Nazi regime instituted hundreds of laws and regulations to restrict and exclude Jews in society. The Anti-Semitic laws were issued throughout all levels of government, making good on the Nazis’ pledge to persecute Jews if the party came to power. … the introduction of the “Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service” … [which allowed the] Nazi implementation of the Aryan Paragraph, a clause calling for the exclusion of Jews and non-Aryans from organizations, employment and eventually all aspects of public life.”
Then Hitler went after the free press.
“In April 1933, the Main Office for Press and Propaganda of the German Student Union called for “Action Against the Un-German Spirit,” prompting students to burn more than 25,000 “Un-German” books, ushering in an era of censorship and Nazi propaganda.”
Followed by ridding Germany of the undesirables.
“His regime also persecuted homosexuals, arresting an estimated 100,000 men from 1933 to 1945, some of whom were imprisoned or sent to concentration camps.”
The following are a few of the characteristics of Fascism.
Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.
Controlled Mass Media
Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.
Religion and Government are Intertwined
Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government’s policies or actions.
Labor Power is Suppressed
Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.
Obsession with Crime and Punishment
Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
The following are the major non-subtle actions by Trump and his team, in chronological order. There are many more which you can find here.
- White Nationalists Rejoice At Trump Victory
- Kellyanne Conway Issues A Dark, Fascistic Warning To Harry Reid
- Trump invites network executives, anchors, and reporters to a ‘f—ing firing squad’
- Donald Trump is building the most right-wing administration in American history
- Donald Trump Is Building a Team of Fake-News Lovers and Conspiracy Theorists
- Trump slams Carrier union leader Chuck Jones in latest Twitter attack
- Trump continues to attack anyone who dares criticize him
- The bigotry of Trump’s cabinet
- Trump campaign struck deal with media company for more favorable coverage
- Donald Trump Doesn’t Trust the Secret Service, Will Keep His Own Security Force
- Donald Trump is demanding the names of federal employees working to curb violent extremism
- Flood the zone with headlines so no bad news breaks through: Trump’s week ahead strategy
- Steve Bannon’s disturbing views on ‘genetic superiority’ are shared by Trump
- Donald Trump’s Dictatorial Approach to Free Speech – President-elect relishes his freedom to attack others while demanding only adoration for himself.
- Trump Praises Biker Group Planning Vigilante ‘Wall of Meat’ Against Inaugural Protesters
- Trump will Make America Great Again by parading the military through the streets – Military parades haven’t been a big part of American history, but they were characteristic of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.
- EPA under a gag order as Trump team shuts down grants, press communication
- Trump’s government gag order blocks agencies from talking to Congress
- Trump installs his shadow cabinet to maintain ultimate control over federal agencies
- Trump Just Ordered Government Scientists to Hide Facts From the Public
- Trumpian patriotism is the new piety
- Trump is creating a new form of Christian nationalism centered on himself
- President Trump calls for ‘major investigation’ into nonexistent voter fraud
- Trump’s unconstitutional plan to turn cities into federal police states
- Trump’s Gag Rule Silences Government During Disasters Like These
- Justice Department now under control of Trump’s handpicked non-Senate confirmed political appointees
- Trump’s Call To Investigate NBC News Leak Is Just The Beginning
- Reince Priebus Warns Head Of Government Ethics: ‘Be Careful’ Criticizing Donald Trump
- Government Scientists at U.S. Climate Conference Terrified to Speak with the Press
It should have become a red flag to the nation when Trump was crowned as the biggest lying candidate ever in a Presidential contest. But the main stream news media was too busy generating wealth by covering the constant amusements of Trump and his campaign to concern themselves with the results of a Trump win.
From a German citizen after WWII: “To the sound of cheering, democracy died in Germany.”
If you think the Old Man is way out in left field here, you may want to consider this: Experts in authoritarianism are very concerned about Trump’s first few days as president.