December 19, 2010
Just thought you’d like to meet a few of those people who the GOP views as “worthy” of not having to pay their fair share of taxes – to the tune of $95 billion the commoners will have to make up. Thanks to the folks over at Perrspectives for “Your Tax Dollars at Work”.
- Alice Walton and Family – Wal-Mart: Estate tax savings: $32.7 billion – Alice alone spent $3.2 million on lobbying for the tax cuts. Net Worth: $20 billion.
- Don Blankenship – Massey (Murder) Mines: $700,000. Net Worth: est. $50-$75 million.
- Rupert Murdoch – News Corp (Fox News): $1.3 million. Net Worth: $6.2 billion.
- George Steinbrenner – deceased owner of New York Yankees: $600 million. Net Worth: $1.15 billion.
- Thomas Donohue (spelled incorrectly in above pic) – President of U.S. Chamber of Commerce: $200,000. Worth: Unknown; Annual Salary: $3.7 million plus perks.
- Health Care CEO’s: $875,000
- Wall Street Bank CEO’s: $1.6 million
The average check for the richest 120,000 will be $3 million.
These are the people the Republicans want to receive tax cuts that the commoners will be paying for. So, “the people”; how’s that 2010 “election mandate” you voted for feel now?