Click Image for Larger Popup
All Links Will Open In New Window
Prior to the 2010 election, jobs was the "GOP's number one agenda" - so they claimed (but their actions told a different story). Their rallying cry was "jobs", which was used to justify the extension of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. However, to date, we haven't heard one single honest discussion about jobs.
Since the new Congress convened in January 2011, with the Republicans in charge of the House, not one single bill has been introduced that seriously addresses the growing unemployment in our country. But they've certainly addressed dozens of other issues, all of which promote their ideological agenda. As the DCCC put it, the GOP's plan for jobs is to start saying the word "Jobs" more often.
Then, in May 2011, House Republican introduced a bill (PDF) called "JOBS". It stands for "Jobs, Opportunity, Benefits, and Services Act of 2011". Naturally it's being touted by the GOP and their propaganda networks as a bill that will actually stimulate jobs. But it does no such thing!
The bill does nothing more than permit states to use federal unemployment funds for things other than unemployment benefits, such as paying down the states debt.
The GOP has only one jobs plan and it is the same one they've always had: Give corporate America more tax breaks and more taxpayer dollars. Their lastest, as of 2013, is called "The Republican No Cost Jobs Plan" (Since been removed ...because...) and is from the office of the Republican majority leader, Eric Cantor.
The following is a partial list of bills Republicans have introduced during the 112th & 113th Congress. Some have been passed into law and others were defeated. What you'll notice is there is not one single bill that addresses unemployment.(NOTE: There may be some duplications listed. If so, they are few. However, the intent is to point out the long list of bills submitted by Republicans that is completely absent of any serious jobs bills, which doesn't include the hundreds of House Resolutions put forth by the 112th Congress. If you're not familiar with the difference in Bills and Resolutions, you may want to find out.)
The "Media-Reported" Bills
- House Republicans Have Tried To Eliminate Up To 7.4 Million Jobs In 2011
- John Boehner: This time we're really going to focus on jobs
- Republican 'jobs bills' aren't really jobs bills, according to economists
- Conservatives Just Lost Their Battle To Privatize The VA - [Republicans] appointed two Koch Brothers types to the panel, as well as hospital executives who stand to profit from moving veteran's healthcare to the private sector.
- Why Do the Kochs Want To Hide Donations From The IRS? The Answer WON'T Surprise You! - On Tuesday, the US House of Representatives passed a "Koch-backed bill" which would hide the names of those who donate to non-profits that are tax-exempt from the IRS.
- After Orlando, House GOP moves from silence to action: pressing to legalize anti-LGBT discrimination
- North Carolina Congressman Wants To Ban EPA Employees From Flying For Work
- Congressional Proposal Would Create A Texas-Sized 'Republic Of Cliven Bundy'
- Republicans Stormed The Democrats' Sit-In To Vote For Letting Wall Street Rip Off Americans
- House Republican introduces bill to overturn Obama's transgender bathroom policy
- Republicans Are Trying To Roll Back A Key Obama Accomplishment For Workers
- The Senate Just Passed An Energy Bill That Would Make Forests A 'Carbon Neutral' Energy Source
- House Republicans pass bill to gut net neutrality, but it's not all bad news
- FCC Chairman Wheeler: House bill would kill net neutrality
- New Bill Would Eliminate Law Enforcement On Public Lands, Despite Risks Of Violent Extremism
- Sen. Tom Cotton writes new bill to give Christian refugees preference over Muslim ones
- Oh, For Pete's Sake. Magic? - Congressman Proposes Resolution to Recognize Magic as Rare and Valuable.
- Ryan uses Supreme Court immigration case to preside over House's eighth anti-immigrant vote
- House Moves On Bills That Would Allow States To Seize Millions Of Acres Of Public Lands
- Tuesday is Groundhog Day, so you already know what House Republicans are going to do - Repeal Obamacare!
- Indictments be damned, House Republicans will continue to 'investigate' Planned Parenthood
- New House Bill Gives Away Public Lands, Creates Pseudo-Wilderness Areas
- As Flint Struggles With Contaminated Water, Congress Tries To Gut Clean Water Rule
- House Republicans resume effort to undermine net neutrality
- Senate Republicans vote to repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood, let terror suspects buy guns
- House Approves Bill To Cap Expenses For Ex-Presidents
- House Republicans define insanity, vote to repeal Obamacare. Again.
- Nearly 400 Anti-Abortion Bills Were Introduced Last Year
- House Republicans introduce resolution expressing support for Christmas. Bold move there, sports!
- Senate OKs Bill To Repeal Obamacare, Defund Planned Parenthood
- Congress Introduces Resolutions To Kill The Clean Power Plan
- House Republicans Introduce Resolution To Impeach IRS Chief
- Senate kicks off 2016 War on Women with a vote to defund Planned Parenthood
- House Passes Bill That Would Limit Due Process For Accused Terrorists
- House Passes Bill That Would Allow Toxic Coal Ash Into Groundwater
- House passes anti-GMO labeling law
- Republicans Introduce Bill Based On The Idea That Environmentalists Caused California's Drought
- Rep. Brian Babin, Republican of Texas, has introduced a bill called the "SCOTUScare Act," which would compel the Supreme Court to be on Obamacare
- House Republicans push another way for Wall Street to dodge oversight
- Our Stupid House Of Representatives Goes After Migratory Birds
- House Passes Bill To Block EPA Proposal That Would Protect Millions Of Miles Of Streams
- House votes Wednesday on the important stuff, banning abortion
- Senators Approve Bill To Stop EPA From Using 'Secret Science'
- House Republicans vote against American consumer, again
- On Tax Day, House GOP Set To Vote To Repeal Estate Tax
- Congress Is Pushing A Bill To Significantly Weaken The EPA's Climate Rule
- House Republicans Want To Strip Protections For People Living In Mobile Homes
- New Bill Would Block Effort To Protect Streams From Mountaintop Removal Pollution
- Senate Votes To Help States Sell Off Public Lands
- House Republican introduces bill to require religious pledge of military cadets
- Republicans Propose Weakening Overtime Laws, Call It 'Family Friendly'
- GOP lawmaker: Air Force cadets must pledge to God because there is no 'freedom from religion'
- Republicans introduce resolution welcoming Netanyahu to the United States
- House Votes To Force Approval Of The Keystone XL Pipeline
- Ted Cruz introduces bill to defend states against marriage equality
- Congressman Introduces Education Bill That Rolls Back Protections For Low-Income Students
- House Republicans Vote for the 56th Time to Repeal Obamacare...the 56th Time (Video)
- Senate passes final Keystone bill
- Yesterday Republicans voted against American jobs, today against science
- Republicans say no to American-made steel for Keystone XL
- New Congress Begins Anti-Environment Attack With 'No More National Parks' Bill
- House Passes Two Bills Favored By Wall Street, Harmful to the Public
- House Passes Bill To Make Everything Harder And Worse
- House Republicans line up to gut Obama's immigration actions... oh and fund DHS
- Republicans Launch Another Wall Street Gimmie: HR 185, the "Tie Regulators in Knots" Act
- John Boehner's concerned about jobs, security and energy ... so he's holding an abortion vote
- House eases Obamacare requirements
- House Republicans Pass First Big Anti-Obamacare Bill
- Republicans rush to alienate Latino voters
- The GOP's First Priority for 2015: Paying Off Wall Street
- House Introduces Abortion Ban On First Day In Session
- Republican Congress Launches With Back-Door Attack On Social Security Benefits
- Priorities for the new Republican Congress? Rolling back consumer protection for air traveler
- Spending deal to avert shutdown held up by GOP effort to gut Wall Street reform
- House GOP Approves Bill Giving Apache Ancestral Land to Foreign Mining Company
- House Passes Bill To Thwart Obama's Executive Action On Immigration
- With Election Over, First Order Of Business Is $450B In Corporate Tax Breaks
- Departing Rep. Steve Stockman To Leave Congress In A Blaze Of Trolling Glory
- House Republicans introduce bill to defund immigration reform even though there's nothing to defund