All Links Will Open In A Popup Window
“Wrongdoing on the part of an authority or powerful political Party through means that are illegitimate, immoral, or incompatible with ethical standards. Corruption often results from patronage and is associated with bribery; moral perversion; depravity; dishonesty; perversion of integrity; etc, etc, etc.
“Political corruption is the use of legislated powers by government officials for illegitimate private gain. Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement.
The word "corruption" has become such a normal part of our every-day life that few of us hardly pay attention to its implication anymore. It's so embedded that we've actually accepted it as the norm. However, just because we made the mistake of allowing it to get out of control doesn't mean it's too late to do something about it.
We made a huge mistake when we remained silent as corruption began slowly creeping into our society. With that silence, we virtually gave our government the OK to escalate their corruption. That was made painfully clear when the judicial branch of our government ruled that corporations had the same rights as humans. Only a few of us spoke out, but because we were so divided by other political differences, we allowed them to get away with it. But who knows; maybe that was the "one-step-to-far" that was needed to force everyone's eyes open and unite against a "common enemy".
We must become one voice and demand a stop to it. If we do, we will get our way. But only if we make a solid commitment, stick to it and not allow the politicians, corporations and corporate media to divide us as they have so efficiently done in the past. It was that diverting division that made it possible for them to succeed.
#OccupyWallStreet has given us the rarest of opportunities to take our country back. It's ours for the taking. But we must take it; rest assured that no one is going to voluntarily give it back to us.
A Message From 'Corporate Counsel' Occupy Wall Street's Lessons on Messaging and Crisis Management - Much has been said in recent weeks about the Occupy Wall Street protests in Lower Manhattan. Critics allege that the protestors lack direction, have failed to convey a cohesive message, and haven't delivered a set of concrete policy demands that would legitimize their complaints. Without further structure, critics argue, it's hard to tell what this protest is all about. But as one who tarries in the field of messaging, I believe the critics are wrong. While there may be an diverse array of grievances floating about the periphery of the movement, the main argument of the Occupy Wall Street protestors is coming through loud and clear: The top 1% percent of earners in this country should stop greedily (and sometimes illegally) profiting at the expense of the remaining 99%.
Main-Stream News Media Is Ignoring Demands of #OWS
»» What the Fight Is About
- A 1976 Report - SCANDALS: A Record of Corporate Corruption - The record of U.S. corporations indulging in bribes, kickbacks and political payoffs is already voluminous; yet it is sure to swell. The Securities and Exchange Commission is now investigating at least 54 major U.S. companies. The Internal Revenue Service is probing others.
- Corporate Corruption News Articles
- This corruption in Washington is smothering America's future: How do you regulate banks effectively, if the Senate is owned by Wall Street?
- Corporate Corruption: The Conflicts of Interest Driving US Financial Scandals are Being Replicated on a Global Scale
Some Videos - (For More Videos, use dropdown menu in footer)
"Everybody Knows The Problem Is Our Government Is Bought!
Democrats & Republicans Are Bought!
Banks 'Livid' at Occupy Wall Street Support by Democrats
Elizabeth Warren on Class Warfare
This inspiring documentary highlights the unified voices of Occupy movement participants.
And Several More Videos
»» The Links
UPDATE: December 31, 2011
- Open Letter from a Marine Tea Partier to All Occupiers
- Occupy the Constitution: Get Money Out of Politics!
- Occupy is Not Just About Occupying: The Goal is Not to Occupy --- it is to End Corporate Rule
- The Declaration of Occupy D.C.
- Occupy Wall St. Care Packages
- Occupy Streams - Livestreams of #OccupyWallStreet Protest Around the World
- OccupyWallStreet - The Resistance Continues at Liberty Square and Worldwide
- OCCUPY TOGETHER
- Occupation of Wall Street Begins on September 17, Join Us!
- Ongoing Occupation of Wall Street: We Are 99% (Roundup, Videos, Photos)
- Wall Street Isn't Winning - It's Cheating - Matt Taibbi, RollingStone Magazine
- A Report from the Frontlines: The Long Road to #OccupyWallStreet and the Origins of the 99% Movement - How Anonymous, AmpedStatus, the NYC General Assembly, US Day of Rage, Adbusters and Thousands of Individual Actions Led to the Occupation of Liberty Park and the Birth of a Movement
- Welcome to the #OWS 99% Movement "We Will NOT Be Co-Opted" Working Group - This is not an official statement from the #OWS 99% Movement. As a decentralized leaderless movement, in our opinion, there is no one group, organization, website or individual who can speak for the movement as a whole.
- First official statement from Occupy Wall Street
- Google Censors Our #OccupyWallStreet Report
- #TwitterCensorship Blocks #OccupyWallStreet from Top Trending Topic Twice
Find Your Favorite Big-Bank Executive
- Open Letter to Mayor Bloomberg: Your #OccupyWallStreet Propaganda Is Condescending and Weak, Let's Have a Public Debate at Liberty Park - Dear Mayor Bloomberg, I read your recent comments regarding the #OccupyWallStreet 99% Movement. You and I both know that your comments were baseless and blatant divide and conquer propaganda talking points. You should be ashamed of yourself. Are you aware of how absurd, ignorant and hypocritical your out of touch with reality statements make you sound?
- EXPOSED: David DeGraw Works For A Soros-CIA-Obama-Socialist Front Group That Is Secretly Controlling the #OWS 99% Movement - That is my Onion-esque satirical headline to make light of what has become a very frustrating and infuriating experience. There are all sorts of wild conspiracy theories being spun about the #OWS 99% Movement and I have come under personal attack. I have repeatedly been confronted by irate people that accuse me of working for or with people like George Soros, Lyndon LaRouche, the FBI, CIA, US State Department and/or the Democratic Party and the Obama Administration. Let me be 100% clear here, all of these accusations are F.A.L.S.E.
- He was Standing Stone Still Amid Tear Gas in Oakland -- Clutching a Copy of the U.S. Constitution - the inspiring photo of a man standing in front of a line of riot police, wearing a sailor's uniform, holding a Veterans For Peace flag and clutching a copy of the U.S. Constitution. He was also standing stone still as tear gas canisters were exploding all around him... [that's Marine Scott Olsen standing next to him.]
- This Is What Fascism Looks Like: Financial Giants Put New York City Cops On Their Payroll - As Benito Mussolini once summed it up: "Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power." Keep this in mind, as you read this following report. Is this the America that our grandparents, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters fought for?
- Mike Krieger on #OccupyWallStreet: "Rebellion Has Arrived In America" - Editor's note: Mike has supported the occupation of Liberty Park since June. He was disappointed it was taking so long for his fellow NYCers to stand up. Now that we have, here's Mike's take on it.
- Occupy Wall Street: Washington Still Doesn't Get It
- How Occupy Wall Street Really Got Started - Meet the international activists who lit the fuse for the populist protest movement that's sweeping the world.
- Too important to fail: Gratitude for the Occupy movement
- The Collapse of Our Corrupt, Predatory, Pathological Financial System Is Necessary and Positive
- The People Versus the Police
- The Occupy Movement Is An Unprecedented Opportunity To Overcome America's Current Hopelessness
- The Shocking, Graphic Data That Shows Exactly What Motivates the Occupy Movement
- Senior Banking Official Says The 99 Percent Movement Has 'Impacted All The Banks'