title-imgs
First Action
title-imgs
OccupyWallSt.org

#OccupyWall$treet

We The People

About the Movement

Headlines, Videos, Comments and More

Today is

There are so many problems in this country that urgently need to be addressed. However, no matter what your main issue or concern may be, there are two underlying root problems that must be solved before any other issues can be meaningfully addressed. If you are serious about creating change, here are the two core common ground common sense goals:

1) Break Up the “Too Big To Fail” Banks

2) End the System of Political Bribery
(campaign finance, lobbying, revolving door)

OpESR
OpESR
All Links Will Open In A Popup Window

CORRUPTION:

Wrongdoing on the part of an authority or powerful political Party through means that are illegitimate, immoral, or incompatible with ethical standards. Corruption often results from patronage and is associated with bribery; moral perversion; depravity; dishonesty; perversion of integrity; etc, etc, etc.

POLITICAL CORRUPTION:

Political corruption is the use of legislated powers by government officials for illegitimate private gain. Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement.

Wall Street Scoreboard

Peaceful Protesters Arrested
Number of Occupy protesters arrested counter

Criminal Bankers Arrested
0 0 0 2

The word "corruption" has become such a normal part of our every-day life that few of us hardly pay attention to its implication anymore. It's so embedded that we've actually accepted it as the norm. However, just because we made the mistake of allowing it to get out of control doesn't mean it's too late to do something about it.

We made a huge mistake when we remained silent as corruption began slowly creeping into our society. With that silence, we virtually gave our government the OK to escalate their corruption. That was made painfully clear when the judicial branch of our government ruled that corporations had the same rights as humans. Only a few of us spoke out, but because we were so divided by other political differences, we allowed them to get away with it. But who knows; maybe that was the "one-step-to-far" that was needed to force everyone's eyes open and unite against a "common enemy".

We must become one voice and demand a stop to it. If we do, we will get our way. But only if we make a solid commitment, stick to it and not allow the politicians, corporations and corporate media to divide us as they have so efficiently done in the past. It was that diverting division that made it possible for them to succeed.

#OccupyWallStreet has given us the rarest of opportunities to take our country back. It's ours for the taking. But we must take it; rest assured that no one is going to voluntarily give it back to us.


A Message From 'Corporate Counsel'

Occupy Wall Street's Lessons on Messaging and Crisis Management - Much has been said in recent weeks about the Occupy Wall Street protests in Lower Manhattan. Critics allege that the protestors lack direction, have failed to convey a cohesive message, and haven't delivered a set of concrete policy demands that would legitimize their complaints. Without further structure, critics argue, it's hard to tell what this protest is all about.

But as one who tarries in the field of messaging, I believe the critics are wrong. While there may be an diverse array of grievances floating about the periphery of the movement, the main argument of the Occupy Wall Street protestors is coming through loud and clear: The top 1% percent of earners in this country should stop greedily (and sometimes illegally) profiting at the expense of the remaining 99%.

Main-Stream News Media Is Ignoring Demands of #OWS

»» What the Fight Is About
Some Videos - (For More Videos, use dropdown menu in footer)

"Everybody Knows The Problem Is Our Government Is Bought!
Democrats & Republicans Are Bought!

⇓⇓


Banks 'Livid' at Occupy Wall Street Support by Democrats
⇓⇓


Elizabeth Warren on Class Warfare
⇓⇓


Occupy Movie
This inspiring documentary highlights the unified voices of Occupy movement participants.

⇓⇓


And Several More Videos
⇓⇓

»» The Links


UPDATE: December 31, 2011

Find Your Favorite Big-Bank Executive
⇓⇓

Tools services webmasters counters generators scripts tutorials free