President-Elect Donald Trump is rapidly assembling his cabinet. Tomorrow, January 10, 2017, begins the confirmation process by the US Senate for some of those appointees who require confirmation. It is expected that some will be confirmed immediately while others will meet with resistance from the left side of the isle.
I am in the process of completing a document of the appointees, and appointed members that do not require Senate approval, along with photos of each. It is a work in progress but I wanted to make it available since the confirmations are beginning. The document currently has about 40 members.
It is also linked at the top of this page as “Donald Trump’s Cabinet”.
Donald Trump and his GOP-controlled Congress have officially kicked off their new governance strategy: Repeal and Renege.
So how does that strategy work? Make promises to “the people” which in turn got them elected then Repeal & Renege after sworn into office; the old tried & true “bait & switch” ploy:
- “Taxpayers, you pay for the wall now so as to get it done quickly then we’ll come up with a way to get your money back from Mexico down the road (s-u-c-k-e-r-s).”
- “We’ll officially take away your healthcare but wait 4 years to implement it (so you don’t feel the sting right away and turn away from us) in which time we will have a genuine plan for something better (never mind we’ve been saying the same thing for 7 years and still won’t have anything in 4 years, so you’ll just be shit out of luck).
- “Veterans, we’ll take your healthcare out of government hands and turn it over to the private sector who will administer it in such a way that ‘it will be there for you forever’ (exactly the same way they protected your economy and retirement before 2008.)”
- “Seniors, we’ll turn over your Medicare coverage to the insurance companies who promise to make it affordable, and then we’ll give you a voucher to cover the annual premiums (which will give you about 3 months of coverage each year, so don’t get too sick).”
- “We’ll give more huge tax breaks to wealthy people and corporations and in return they’ll invest that extra money in jobs for ‘the people’. (We use to call that ‘trickle-down-economics’ but since that phrase has become so toxic over the past 33 years due to the recipients simply pocketing the windfall we decided to changed it to ‘supply-side-economics’ which, if we’re lucky, will bamboozle the public for a couple of more generations.)”
- “And for some more trickle-down-economics we’ll turn over to the private sector the responsibility for our Roads and Bridges (and in no time everyone will be driving over potholes, broken streets & freeways and broken bridges, but no matter, we’ll have made private corporations much, much richer than they are today which will surely make them want to invest tens of millions in our propaganda & re-election campaigns).”
“What makes our strategy so effective? By the time the idiots realize we’ve lied to them yet again we and our wealthy friends will have won – once again – and it’ll be too late for anyone to do anything about it.”
“It’s Great to Be the King.”
The Grand Old Party and conservative voters want us to believe they are God-fearing constitutional loving Heaven bound born-again Christian patriots.
I’ve got news for them.